● There are potential benefits and risks of telephone or video-conferencing (e.g. limits to patient confidentiality) that differ from in-person sessions.
● Confidentiality still applies for telepsychology services, and nobody will record the session without the permission from the others person(s).
● We agree to use the video-conferencing platform Doxy.me or other compliant platform for virtual sessions, and I will explain how to use it.
● You need to use a webcam or smartphone during the session.
● It is important to be in a quiet, private space that is free of distractions (including cell phone or other devices) during the session.
● It is important to use a secure internet connection rather than public/free Wi-Fi.
● It is important to be on time. If you need to cancel or change your tele-appointment, you must notify me in advance by phone or email.
● We need a back-up plan (e.g., phone number where you can be reached) to restart the session or to reschedule it, in the event of technical problems.
● We need a safety plan that includes at least one emergency contact and the closest ER to your location, in the event of a crisis situation.
● You should confirm with your insurance company that the video sessions will be reimbursed; if they are not reimbursed, you are responsible for full payment.
●I may determine that due to certain circumstances, telepsychology is no longer appropriate and that we should resume our sessions in-person.