Francis Chiappa, PhD
This group is open to adults of any age, who have mild to moderate difficulty with various aspects of communication and social interaction. This might include people towards the milder end of the autism spectrum, social phobias, and social difficulties related to major mental disorders.
The group is ongoing, not time-limited.
- improving social skills
- listening and being heard
- voicing thoughts and feelings calmly and clearly
- engaging in the rhythm and flow of conversation
- expressing frustration and anger more effectively
- appreciating the perspectives of other group members
- addressing social stigma related to communication difficulties and mental illness
Meetings: Wednesday mornings, twice per month, from 10:15 -11:45 am
Fee: $50/session, insurance panel rates accepted, any co-pay due at time of session